Monday, December 23, 2013

Scorpion Pose Book Release Yoga

Hi everyone! It's after midnight and here I am, writing blog posts!

So, see that countdown widget over to the left? It's ticking down. I remember when it said 300. That was so long ago! And now, Control is nearly ready to be out in the world in only three more days. It's a pretty nerve-wracking feeling. It's exciting and scary and weird all at the same time. So many emotions I didn't expect!

It's been a crazy week so far. I did a fun radio interview for Mom Talk Radio that will air soon, as well as an interview for the Omaha World Herald that will publish in January. Mochi Mag highlighted my book on their site this week along with Amy Tan (not bad company!) and my interview came out online for Omaha Magazine. I revealed my book trailer! Control hit 10,000 add-ons on Goodreads. I'd never thought I'd see this either--a vlog review of my book. That was pretty cool! Thank you Juhina from Maji Bookshelf for the review!

And on top of all that, I'm knee deep in the middle of revisions for Control's sequel (tentatively titled CODE, though recently it was CATALYST. And that may change again too.) Actually, this is why I'm awake past midnight. No rest for the weary when it comes to a revision deadline. Ack!

This week is going to be about spending time with my family and really enjoying the holidays in the midst of launching my book. I'll be taking a break from revising, too. I plan on a lot of yoga breaks to relax, if necessary! See this pose? It's called the Scorpion pose.

Not sure if people were meant to have their toes massage their own scalps, but I digress.
Source
I will NOT be doing that pose. I mean, please! My spine just doesn't do that.

But I just thought I'd think of that pose, and see if it relaxed me. Yeah. Well, if that doesn't work, I may do a down-dog that turns into a face-planting belly snooze. Now THAT will definitely lower my blood pressure. ;)

What about you? Are you surviving the holiday season? Does staring at that picture make your back ache too?

9 comments:

Carrie Butler said...

Best of luck, Lydia! <3

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Enjoy your first release! Nothing else like it. 10,000 adds is mind-boggling indeed.
Merry Christmas, Lydia!

Old Kitty said...

What a fun packed action filled time for you!!! Congratulations!!

All the best with your sequel writing!

My eyes are watering just looking at that pose! Yikes! LOL! Have a lovely lovely Christmas and New Year! Take care
x

Connie Keller said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you.

Merry Christmas!

Charley said...

Some girls at my daughters' ballet studio might be able to do that pose. Us dads couldn't even balance on our arms, regardless of other contortions. Need ibuprofen just thinking about it.

btw -- Congrats!

Natalie Aguirre said...

So excited for you, Lydia! That's so awesome about Goodreads! Enjoy your debut and your holidays. We're having a quiet holiday at home.

A Lady's Life said...

You are so Busy! Lydia.
Hope you have a great holiday with your family.!

Maurice Mitchell said...

10,000 on Goodreads! Amazing Lydia! If I could hit that pose I'd probably do it all the time just to freak people out.

Eva Inka Nurmaisya said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Tidak Semua Benjolan Berarti Kanker
Bahaya Konsumsi Semut Jepang Bagi Penderita Diabetes
Jupe Hidup Sehat Dengan Vegetarian
Cara Mengobati Penyakit Secara Alami
Bahaya Diet Paleo Bagi Penderita Diabetes
Cara Menurunkan Kolesterol Yang Terlanjur Tinggi
Jamu Tradisional Penghilang Penyakit
Alasan Syaraf Kejepit Berbahaya Bagi Kesehatan
Obat Herbal Untuk Ibu Hamil
Tips Pengobatan Penyakit Wasir Cair Alami